How to Clean your Houston Home – Green Cleaning Tips
Have you noticed how laboratory-made cleaning fumes are marketed as being able to wipe out any offending bacteria or germ?
All you need to do is take a trip down the cleaning aisle of your local supermarket to see how many different products there are to choose from.
That’s why you should hire the best house cleaning service Houston has to offer. Hire Ready SET Maids and see how relaxing and stress free you feel after a professionally cleaned home. Book instantly on our site or call us @ 832-939-4500.
Not ready to book? Here are some great tips for cleaning your home an Eco-friendly way.
Eco Friendly Cleaning Made Easy in Houston
Believe it or not, Eco friendly cleaning tips aren’t as difficult or impossible as one may think. In fact there are many products and all natural ways to clean your home, regardless of where you live. Because there are so many household cleaners that contain harsh chemicals, turning to a Eco friendly solution can be the key to health. Here’s a few tips on how to maintain an Eco friendly approach to cleaning your home.
You may get a little overwhelmed by all the options. The important thing to remember is that you can just choose on option and get started. Over time you can layer until you are 100% Eco cleaning – but don’t stress out over it.
Products to Avoid
- Disinfectants – Commonly used and sprayed about the home to freshen up the environment or to quickly clean any surface, these sprays can contain a variety of harsh chemicals. Ingredients such as phenol, ethanol, and formaldehyde are common in disinfectant sprays. In fact according to most experts, these chemicals can severely limit your immune system and even contribute to your chance of contracting asthma.
- Oven Cleaners – Perfect for cleaning those tough to get out grease stains, these cleaners are harsh and can contain toxic ingredients. These cleaners commonly contain such chemicals such as ethylene glycol, ethers, and even lye. Many of these chemicals are harsh to your skin and eyes, and can even affect your internal organs when inhaled or ingested. One of the most dangerous cleaning tools around your home, and easily the biggest reason why you want to turn to eco friendly cleaning techniques.
- Bleach – Chemical vapors and a dangerous mixture of chlorine are some of the bad components of household bleach. While you may think that the disinfecting nature of this cleaner is helpful, it’s very harmful to your health indeed. The chemical vapors are known to be a strong irritant to the tissues to your lungs. Many doctors suspect that bleach can contribute to asthma as well as bronchitis. There’s a good reason why workers use protective gloves and face masks when handling this chemical, and you should follow suit.
- Glass Cleaners – Often confused and misidentified as harmless sprays, these cleaners can contain ammonia. Ammonia vapors are harmful and can lead to respiratory conditions.
- Dishwasher Soap – One of the biggest chemicals you’ll use when cleaning your home, it can also contain quite a bit of harsh chemicals that can affect your skin and your health. Here’s a short list of dangerous ingredients and chemicals that one may find in household dishwasher soap.
• Sodium urethral sulfate
• Alcohol denat
• Laura-mine oxide
• C9-11 pareth-8
• Sodium chloride
• 1, 3-Cyclohexanedimethanamine
• PPG (polypropylene glycols)
• Dimethyl aminoethyl methecrylate/hydroxyproply acrylate copolymer cirate
Needless to say that dishwasher soap doesn’t always help your health or keep your skin from cracking, drying out or peeling. That’s why many home owners are turning to eco friendly methods to clean around their home, and enabling themselves to take the next step to keep their house clean at all times.
When it comes to cleaning tough spots around your home, there’s always a long list of all natural products that you can turn to. These ingredients can really boost the eco friendly cleaning in your home, and prevent you and your family from contracting any diseases. Because these ingredients are natural and aren’t made up of harsh chemicals, it’s a safe way to clean your home, regardless of what size it may be.
Eco Friendly Cleaning Solutions
Vinegar – One of the most wonderful ingredients around your home, vinegar can help you clean any surface and even kill weeds in a spot! Throw away the harsh chemicals and use this Eco friendly disinfectant to clean your bathroom, kitchen or floors quickly.. Make sure to dilute the mixture with water and use this mixture to clean your stove top, kitchen bench, appliances and just about any surface about your house.
How to use this eco friendly solution – Mix 1 cup of vinegar with 2 parts of water and pour into a empty spray bottle. Apply liberally and use a scrubber or rag to clean. Repeat as needed.
Baking Soda – Another wonderful Eco friendly ingredient, baking soda is excellent for scrubbing tile or grout in your bathroom. Not only that but it works wonders in carpets and rugs as well. Use baking soda to disinfect and clean any storage bin, and make sure to place an open box in your refrigerator to eliminate any unwanted odors as well.
These tips will not only help you with cleaning your home with less chemicals they will also help you live healthier.
When you want the best combination of Eco friendly cleaning and superior service, turn to us to help you. As one of the best home cleaners in Houston we can provide you with the level of cleaning service that minimizes your carbon footprint and keeps your house clean.
You’ll save time and money, and enjoy a clean home without wasting your time cleaning it. Book a cleaning now or give us a call to get an obligation free quote today, and see how Ready SET Maids can help you clean your Houston home quickly.
Contact Us For House Cleaning
Address: 19901 Southwest Freeway, Sugar Land, TX 77479